Prior to running for Congress, and before the age of 40, Delaney started two companies from scratch that each became publicly traded companies. His companies employed thousands of people and his companies financed over 5,000 small to mid-sized businesses across the United States.
As President, John plans to create an Entrepreneurship Czar.
Delaney’s Entrepreneurship Czar will serve as Special Advisor to the President and will be responsible for:
- Engaging entrepreneurs all over the country to become involved in mentoring young entrepreneurs and creating individual entrepreneurship ecosystems in their communities;
- Ensuring that government regulations don’t stifle entrepreneurship;
- Helping the Administration significantly increase the government’s investment in basic research, particularly related to clean energy research and negative emission technology (Delaney announced his plan to significantly increase investment in negative emissions technology last month);
- Driving pro-entrepreneur policies such as universal healthcare (to read Delaney’s health care plan click here) and immigration reform;
- Driving reforms to the banking industry to encourage more small business lending; and
- Creating policies to encourage entrepreneurship in rural and urban communities that have been left behind by venture capital investment.