2020 Presidential candidate John Delaney is hiring field organizers in Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to get on the ground experience in the first in the nation caucus state and exposure on a national campaign.
The field organizer will primarily be responsible for recruiting volunteers, organizing events, representing the campaign at events. Experience with voter contact is a plus, but not a must. Applicants should be able to communicate with diverse communities in a variety of settings. A passion for electing Democrats is required and the willingness to work campaign hours.
- Field Organizers are responsible for recruiting, training and managing a team of volunteers.
- Build and track relationships with local community leaders.
- Field Organizers are responsible for data entry for their region; recording and reporting results, meeting goals etc.
- Prior campaign experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to manage and interact with a team of volunteers.
- A good sense of humor and ability to work in a team are musts.
- Be willing to support other campaign operations as necessary.
- Willingness to travel at times (with mileage reimbursement).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with volunteers with a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phones or both) is preferred.
- Previous grassroots organizing experience or documented history of activism.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Success at keeping multiple projects organized.