2020 Presidential candidate John Delaney is hiring Regional Field Directors (RFD’s) in Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to be a crucial part of a burgeoning field operation in the first in the nation caucus state.
A Regional Field Director will be expected to direct field activities in their respective region, assist organizers, and ensure metrics are met while fostering and maintaining a work environment that enables FO’s to efficiently and effectively perform their duties, meet expectations, and excel.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to: managing FO’s, building and maintaining relationships with local activists and elected officials, volunteer recruitment, identifying supporters, persuading undecideds, and ultimately organizing supporters to caucus for John Delaney.
RFD’s serve as the lead campaign representative in their assigned regions and are responsible for organizing and staffing events, fostering relationships with like-minded supporters and groups, and ensuring organizers report their numbers (calls, doors knocked, volunteers recruited, etc) on a timely basis.
A successful RFD should have solid political acumen, understand (or be willing to learn) the Iowa caucus and its process, be a team player, and thrive in an ever-changing environment. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask.
- At least 2 cycles of field experience, preferably in Iowa.
- At least 1 cycle managing staff.
- Familiarity with the Iowa Caucuses or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with VAN including tracking performance, cutting turf, creating lists and entering data.
- Experience working with and managing staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A good sense of humor and strong interest in and commitment to electing progressive Democratic candidates.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with IA Regional Field Director in the subject line.Friends of John Delaney prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Friends of John Delaney is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.